We, the members of the Hutchinson High school music department, in an effort to inspire music participation, create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, and promote leadership in the music students of our school, are dedicated to bring music to the forefront of our school and community.
- Provide an appropriate method for recognizing the musical achievements of our members
- Strengthen our school’s music program
- Help our members reach their full musical potential
- Motivate and recognize our members’ musical and personal achievements, credits, and grades
- Encourage our members to work together toward the same goal
- Inspire and challenge our members
- Focus on public attention on our school’s music program through community service
About the HHS
Tri-M Executive Committee
Our Committee is dedicated to enhancing music and music education in the Hutchinson area. Click on the picture to find out more about each person.
What does Tri-m mean?
"Of or relating to the present time or the recent past : happening, existing, or developing at a time near the present time"
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything"
In the art field, the custom has been to give the title of "master" to those who have achieved a high degree of proficiency